Computers have had a significant impact on intellectual property law. From patentability of computer-implemented inventions to use of trademarks on the Internet, few areas of intellectual property law are evolving faster than those related to computers. Given the dynamic nature of the law in this field, it is key to be advised by knowledgeable lawyers who are specialists in this field.
A number of Oyen Wiggs lawyers have degrees or advanced training in electrical engineering or computer science. They also have broad experience working with software technologies, including prior work experience in software development and engineering. Our lawyers speak your language, whether it is PHP, Java, or Objective-C, and can help you protect your intellectual property.
For example, we have helped clients deal with copyright and ownership issues relating to software; prepare software development agreements and software license agreements (from computer system development agreements through to basic clickwrap agreements); evaluate and secure intellectual property protection for innovations such as graphics software, financial modelling software, gaming software, medical software and devices, and telecommunications software; and enforce copyright in source code.
Lawrence ChanSenior CounselB.Sc. (Honors Biochemistry)
Maxwell GuldAssociateB.A.Sc. Materials Engineering
Roni JonesSenior AssociateB.A.Sc. (Materials Engineering)
Gavin ManningCounselM.Sc. (Physics)
Nikola RajicAssociateB.A.Sc. (Electrical Engineering)
Paul SmithPartnerB.Eng (Electrical)
Hilton SuePartnerElectrical Engineering
- Authoring A.I.
- Choueifaty Patent Application Contains Patentable Subject Matter, Patent Appeal Board Rules
- “Hey AI Bot, can you find a cure?” Artificial Intelligence as “Persons” in Medicine, Healthcare, and Beyond
- Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain: US Patent Office Weighs In
- IP Protection for Blockchain Technologies
- Trade Secrets 101
- Growing Popularity of eSports Raises New Copyright Issues
- Can You Stream Your Way Around Copyright Infringement in Canada?
- IP issues for mobile app developers
- Invention disclosure and patent grace periods: How disclosing your invention before filing a patent application can severely limit your ability to obtain a patent