Service Industries span a wide range of businesses, from finance and consulting to hospitality and tourism. Every service-based business is unique and has unique intellectual property demands. As such, it is important to work with an intellectual property lawyer who can provide advice tailored to your business.
For example, Oyen Wiggs lawyers routinely advise service industry clients on trademark clearance issues, obtaining trademark registrations, enforcing trademark rights, protecting copyrightable materials, implementing appropriate intellectual property-related provisions into employment agreements, and appropriate licensing agreements. Whether it is help protecting your brand, providing contract advice, clarifying IP ownership or resolving a dispute, our lawyers can help your team.
Example of our lawyers helping clients in this area include evaluating and securing intellectual property protection in relation to rubbish removal, pest control, construction, real estate development, personal and professional development, vehicle operator training, tourism, hospitality, yoga, financial services, e-commerce, entertainment, media and more.
Craig AshPartnerB.Sc. (Chemistry)
Thomas BaileyPartnerB.Sc. (Cellular Biology)
Alex BuonassisiAssociateB.A.Sc. (Electrical Engineering)
Bruce GreenPartnerA.B. (Physics) Princeton University
Roni JonesAssociateB.A.Sc. (Materials Engineering)
Christina KwokAssociateB.Sc. (Biotechnology)
Larissa LeongAssociateB.Sc. (Computer Science & Pharmacology)
Gavin ManningPartnerM.Sc. (Physics)
David McGruderPartnerB.Sc. (Chemistry)
Stephanie MelnychukAssociateM.Sc. (Chemistry)
Todd RattrayPartnerB.A.Sc. (Engineering Physics (Electronics))
Hilton SuePartnerElectrical Engineering
David TakagawaSenior AssociateB.Sc. (Microbiology)
Jayde WoodAssociateM.Sc. (Food Microbiology)
- Celebrate Canada’s 150th Birthday with the Official Mark
- Trade Secrets 101
- Registrability of Geographical Place Names as Trademarks in Canada
- GPPH: More Than a Two Lane (Patent Prosecution) Highway
- New top-level domains are coming to a browser near you – how to protect your trademark in view of these changes
- International Trademark Registrations Under the Madrid Protocol
- Choosing a new trademark: It’s all about being distinctive, distinctive, distinctive!
- Apple v. Samsung and the importance of design registration
- Prometheus v. Mayo: A Setback for Diagnostic Method Patents in the US?
- Invention disclosure and patent grace periods: How disclosing your invention before filing a patent application can severely limit your ability to obtain a patent