News & Recognition
Nick Garner is both a patent lawyer and professional engineer with particular expertise in preparing and prosecuting patent applications for inventions within the mechanical arts. Nick’s client range from individual inventors and start-ups to established companies with a global presence.
He is a Canadian patent lawyer and registered patent and trademark agent with over 14 years’ experience in a variety of technology. He has assisted clients in obtaining patent protection in a variety of industries including manufacturing and construction, marine products, control and sensor systems, consumer products, green technology, aerospace systems, vehicle accessories, and tool assemblies.
When not in the office, Nick chooses to live a healthy lifestyle and aims to long-distance run three times a week. You may also find him hiking the local North Shore trails or on a sail boat catching a summer breeze. Nick additionally enjoys travelling when time permits and listening to podcasts.
- Canadian Patent No. 3007875 for Protected Needle Assembly for a Hypodermic Needle
- US Patent No. 10514019 for Floating Piezoelectric Assembly for Generating Energy from Waves
- US Patent No. 9839915 for Impact Grinding Plant for the Communition of Ore
- Patent Cooperation Treaty Patent Publication No. WO/2017/177340 for Device for Measuring a User’s Oxygen-Consumption
- US Patent No. 9701008 for Bit and Fastener Holder Assembly for a Power Tool
- US Patent No. 10213913 for Tool Storage Assembly
- US Patent No. 10163376 for Display Assembly
- The Law Society of British Columbia
- Canadian Bar Association
- The International Trademark Association
- The Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- The Canadian Association of Mechanical Engineers
- Engineers and Geoscientists BC
Start Smart with Oyen Wiggs and Small Business BC
November 17, 2020
- Sailing crew and deck hand in the annual Patent Cup Sailing Regatta