Nick Garner is both a patent lawyer and professional engineer with particular expertise in preparing and prosecuting patent applications for inventions within the mechanical arts. Nick’s client range from individual inventors and start-ups to established companies with a global presence.
He is a Canadian patent lawyer and registered patent and trademark agent with over 14 years’ experience in a variety of technology. He has assisted clients in obtaining patent protection in a variety of industries including manufacturing and construction, marine products, control and sensor systems, consumer products, green technology, aerospace systems, vehicle accessories, and tool assemblies.
When not in the office, Nick chooses to live a healthy lifestyle and aims to long-distance run three times a week. You may also find him hiking the local North Shore trails or on a sail boat catching a summer breeze. Nick additionally enjoys travelling when time permits and listening to podcasts.
- The Law Society of British Columbia
- Canadian Bar Association
- The International Trademark Association
- The Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- The Canadian Association of Mechanical Engineers
- Engineers and Geoscientists BC
- Sailing crew and deck hand in the annual Patent Cup Sailing Regatta