Mihaela Hutanu is a registered trademark agent who guides clients through trademark strategy and development, registrability searches and opinions, and the drafting and prosecution of trademark applications. She represents clients from diverse sectors before the Canadian Intellectual Property Office and the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Her clients include individuals, national and international companies, and law firms.
Mihaela also assists clients with trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings, and the management and maintenance of domestic and international trademark portfolios. She collaborates with lawyers on monitoring for trademark infringement, and subsequent trademark litigation.
Mihaela completed her law degree at the Alexandru loan Cuza University, in Romania. After practicing as a lawyer in Romania, she moved to Vancouver where she joined a boutique IP law firm as a Legal Assistant, later becoming a Trademark Agent.
Mihaela enjoys spending time outdoors hiking and biking, traveling and reading.
Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
- Member of Trademark Committee, 2019-present
- Member of the Women in IP Community Committee 2019- present
- Member of the Sole and Small Practice Community Committee 2019-2021
- Member of the Young Practitioners Committee 2015-2017
International Trademark Association
- Member of Trademark Office Practices Committee 2016- 2017; 2018-2019
- Member of Legislation and Regulation Committee 2020-2022
- Member of Pro Bono Committee, 2022
Member of the Romanian Bar Association
- Member of the Parent Teacher Association, Saint Francis Xavier School, 2013-2021