The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has announced fee adjustments in relation to trademark services to address increasing costs, effective January 2, 2021.
Some of the main changes include:
Application and Application-related Fees:
- Trademark Electronic Application System (TEAS) Standard: $350 per class (Up from $275 per class)
- TEAS Plus: $250 per class (Up from $225 per class)
- Processing fee for failing to meet TEAS Plus requirements: $100 per class (Down from $125 per class)
Post Registration Fees:
- Section 8 or 71 declaration filed through TEAS: $225 per class (Up from $125 per class)
- New fee for deleting goods, services, and/or classes from a registration after submitting a section 8 or 71 declaration, but before the declaration is accepted: $250 per class if filed through TEAS
Petition to the Director and Letter of Protest Fees:
- Petition to the Director filed through TEAS: $250 (Up from $100)
- Petition to revive an abandoned application filed through TEAS: $150 (Up from $100)
- New fee for a letter of protest: $50 per application
For a full summary of the fee changes, visit here. Trademark owners may wish to take any upcoming actions proactively by the end of this year in order to avoid paying the increased fees.