So you have an exciting new technology, but you’re not sure where to go next. What types of intellectual property protection, for example: patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, are available for your idea? How much will securing protection cost? How long will it take? What value might it provide?
For a fixed fee, a lawyer from Oyen Wiggs will meet with you to discuss your idea, and develop a plan for how you can leverage intellectual property law to create value for your business.
We will start with an in person consultation to understand your business, your technology, and your goals. We will then provide a written summary of:
- What types of intellectual property protection are available for your idea?
- What is involved in securing each type of intellectual property protection, including costs, and timelines for the expenses involved?
- How long will it take to secure each type of intellectual property protection?
- What value will each type of intellectual property protection provide?
- What additional legal requirements should you consider, for example, freedom to operate opinions, employment agreements, assignments, licenses?
We will also provide:
- a Non-Disclosure Agreement you can use to discuss your ideas with other parties without jeopardizing disclosure of those ideas; and
- an invention disclosure form for you to help document your ideas, and facilitate drafting a patent application.
If you are interested, please contact us to arrange your in person consultation.