Karen Chow helps clients in all areas of intellectual property, including trademarks, patents, industrial designs and copyright. This includes preparing and prosecuting trademark, patent, and industrial design applications, conducting patentability and trademark registrability searches, IP transfers and licensing matters, and IP disputes and litigation matters. Karen enjoys learning about her clients’ businesses and their products and technologies.
Before joining Oyen Wiggs, Karen articled and practiced at another local boutique IP firm in Vancouver.
Karen studied chemistry and sociology at McGill University and completed her law degree at the University of Ottawa. Prior to law school, she worked at Health Canada, in the Office of Patented Medicines & Liaison and as a scientific review officer in the Health Products & Food Branch.
Outside the office, Karen enjoys snowboarding, yoga, watching movies, and trying new recipes.
Karen can speak both Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Women Lawyers Forum, Canadian Bar Association (British Columbia Branch)
- Intellectual Property Institute Of Canada (IPIC)
- Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers (British Columbia) Society
- Board Member & Gala Chair, Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers (British Columbia) Society
- Volunteer, Mentoring Committee, Women Lawyers Forum, Canadian Bar Association (British Columbia Branch)