Jayde Wood uses her experience in microbiology and food science to help clients with all aspects related to intellectual property. She has worked with a variety of clients, including those in the biotechnology, food processing, renewable energy and consumer products sectors.
Prior to attending law school, Jayde conducted research on antimicrobial resistance, phylogenetic grouping, and DNA fingerprinting of food borne microorganisms. During law school, Jayde worked with a local startup company to identify, develop, manage and protect its intellectual property assets.
Born and raised in Beijing, Jayde is fluent in written and spoken Mandarin Chinese. Jayde joined Oyen Wiggs in 2017 as an associate after the completion of her articles.
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Canadian Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers (BC Chapter)
- BC Food Technologists Association
- FEDERAL COURT OF APPEAL DECISION CLARIFIES THE MEANING OF “NORMAL COURSE OF TRADE”
- Final Countdown: Time to Prepare for Significant Amendments to Canada’s Trademark Law
- Building a Defensive Trademark Portfolio to Protect Cannabis Brands
- Supreme Court of Canada Rules ISPs Cannot Charge a Fee for Discharging their Obligations Under the Copyright Notice-and-Notice Regime
- FOCUS ON MEDICINAL CANNABIS: IP PROTECTION FOR THERAPEUTIC USES
- Patent Term Extension: Now Available in Canada
- Federal Court of Appeal Decision Means Lower Costs for Copyright Owners Seeking the Identity of Alleged Infringers
- Got a New Plant Variety? There’s an Act for That!
- Rei-Anderson, Cody, Reynolds, Graham, Wood, Jayde, Wood, Natasha “Access To Justice Online: Are Canadian Court Websites Accessible For Users With Visual Impairments” published in Alberta Law Review, Volume 55, Issue 3, 2018.
- Wood, J. L., Chen, J.C., Friesen, E., Delaquis, E., and Allen, K.J. “Microbiological Survey of Locally Grown Lettuce Sold at Farmers’ Markets in Vancouver, British Columbia.” J Food Pro. 2015, 78(1): 203-8.
- Allen, K.J., Kovacevic J., Cancarevia A., Wood, J.L., Xu, J., Gill, B., Allen, J.K., and Mesak, J.R. “Microbiological Survey of Imported Produce Available at Retail Across Canada.” Int J Food Microbiol. 2013, 162(2): 135-42.