Fiona is an intellectual property litigator with experience in complex cases and contested proceedings. She has worked with both innovators and alleged infringers; and counsels clients on non-litigation matters such as due diligence, infringement analyses, freedom to operate, licensing and other transactional matters.
Her practice covers a wide range of products and technologies including pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical devices, product packaging / trade dress and more.
Prior to pursuing a legal career, Fiona worked for a major pharmaceutical company in the United Kingdom, and spent over five years in the aquaculture industry, working in North America, Europe and Asia.
Before joining Oyen Wiggs Green & Mutala LLP, Fiona practiced `with a premier IP Boutique firm in New York.
- Represented leading pharmaceutical company in litigation relating to a medication used in the treatment of patients on dialysis. Five-day bench trial in Delaware and twelve-day bench trial in Illinois.
- Represented a leading pharmaceutical company in eight related litigations relating to its antihistamine product.
- Represented a leading pharmaceutical company in litigation involving its antifungal medication.
- Represented a leading pharmaceutical company in litigation involving its anticonvulsant medication.
- Represented a global aquaculture company defending against claims of patent infringement.
- Represented a medical device company in an inter partes review at the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Represented a global beverage producer in a design patent and trade dress litigation.
- Submitted Citizen Petitions to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to clarify/ change policy.
- Represented a major record label facing damages after a default judgment on copyright infringement; no damages awarded after trial.
- Represented a music producer accused of copyright infringement; case withdrawn.
- Law Society of British Columbia
- New York State Bar Association