Knowledge Mgt. & Practice Innovation Lawyer
B.Sc. (Metallurgical Engineering)
Dana Turner-Ryan prepares and prosecutes patent, trademark, industrial design and copyright applications, including conducting patentability and registrability searches, and maintaining patents and trademark and industrial design registrations. She also prepares opinions as to patentability, trademark registrability, and validity and infringement, and conducts due diligence reviews.
Dana’s patent application and prosecution experience has included diverse mechanical inventions, chemical- and materials-related inventions, and sporting goods. She works with clients ranging from multinational corporations to individual inventors.
Dana completed both her B.Sc. in Metallurgical Engineering and her law degree at the University of Alberta before moving to Vancouver, where she practiced with another boutique IP law firm until joining Oyen Wiggs. Her practice is divided between IP work and her Knowledge Management and Practice Innovation role. Outside of the office, Dana enjoys dragonboating, playing hockey, yoga, reading, painting and watching almost any sport.
- Women Lawyers Forum and other sections of the Canadian Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- Patent and Trademark Association of British Columbia
- International Trademark Association
- Co-Chair, Mentoring Committee, Women Lawyers Forum, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch
- Secretary and Director, Board of Directors, Hockey Helps the Homeless, National Organization
- Member, Hockey Helps the Homeless, Vancouver Organizing Committee
- Co-Tutor, Patent Agent Tutorials, Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
- Member, Insurance and Licensing Committees and Women in IP Networking Group, Intellectual Property Institute of Canada